- Beautiful countryside (most of us did a couple of hours walk on Saturday)
- Everyone staying overnight for two days - no splitting up to go out to different pubs/restaurants etc
- The weather - yes, it was sunny - in Ireland - in April - for three consecutive days.
- Great mixture of projects, people, talks and coding time.
- The only use of PowerPoint was in 'Presentation Karaoke' - a right and fitting use for PowerPoint. This is where the Leech Farming came in.
Here is a shot of Andrus Adamchick at breakfast on the last day - just to give an idea of what the place was like.
These events are somehow much more satisfying than the huge, expensive conferences. I come away feeling that I've learned something and met some great people. I'm looking forward to the next one already.