Monday 6 April 2009

PHP and SAP

Last Saturday Robin, Ant and I went to London to the SAP Inside Track. We had an amazing day on so many levels! Ant had prepared a demo showing how to use the PHP implementation in WebSphere sMash to access data from SAP, but as we went up to London on 06:18 (!) train we really had very little idea what to expect.

The meeting got under way in the usual unconference style with attendees choosing the talks. Two things became clear pretty quickly, this was an incredibly interesting group of people and they had some very cool stuff to talk about. Dennis Howlett made a short video of the attendees which nicely captures spirit of the event.

Ant and Robin did a great demo of sMash, Dennis Howlett made another short video interview with Robin. Ant spent the whole of the lunch time having an intensive SAP lesson from Gregor Wolf - Ant is now officially our SAP expert!

I learnt a huge amount (I know a lot more about SAP than I did) I particularly enjoyed the talk about ESME by Darren Hague. ESME is a twitter-like project but designed with business applications in mind - I can see a lot of potential here.

All in all - it was a great day and I'm looking forward to the next SAP event.

No comments: